Tilicho Lake Trek is an important trekking part of Annapurna Trekking Region which lies in Manang District and the trekking trails pass through Jomsom to Pokhara. This trekking area is one of those places that have had next to mythic connotations. Many regard it as the highest lake in the world (5200m). It was for long almost totally closed save for a few climbers and expeditions, and since 1974, when Nixon changed the China policy, part of the area above Thini on the Jomosom side became a very off-limits military area. From the Manang side it was rarely if ever visited. The trekking path to Tilicho was “a figment of some ones fantasy” and the locals in Manang had little knowledge of the route too, and were often thought to be slightly unfriendly, as they were known for not being particularly keen on working as human beasts of burden for various expeditions that had passed. When asked to porter they had simply refused! Manang is no ordinary village. Its people are heavily involved in international trade, due to passport privileges granted in the past.
The route goes along the Marshangdi River and Gorge through the remote valley of Manang also known as the district behind the Mountains, to crest the arid, windswept northern flank of Annapurna at the Thorong-La. The route then passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal). The trail goes through the must challenging pass “Moeso Kanta Pass” of Annapurna area to Jomson.
Trekking Best Season: Spring Season(March, April, May)/Autumn(September, October and November)
Trekking Days: 25 days
Trekking Style: Lodger/Tea House Trek
Trekking Class: Moderate
Trekking Group Size: Minimum Two
Trip Attractions: Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Patan Durbar Square, Manang Valley, Pisang, Thorong Pass, Tilicho Lake, Tilicho
Trip Activities: Tour and Trekking
Trip Destination: Beshisahar, Manang, Tilicho, Pisang, Thorong Pass, Muktinath, Jomsom and Pokhara
Trip Starts: Kathmandu
Trip Ends: Kathmandu
Day 01: Kathmandu arrival. Meet assist and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (832m)
Day 04: Besisahar to Bahundada (1310m)
Day 05: Bahundada to Chamche(1430m)
Day 06: Chamche to Bagerchhap (2160m)
Day 07: Bagarchhap to Koto
Day 08: Koto to Dharmasala
Day 09: Dharmasala to Metta.
Day 10: Meltta to Phu Gaon
Day 11: Phu Gaon to Pangree Kharka.
Day 12: Pangree Kharka to Himlung Base Camp
Day 13: Trek back to Phu- Gaon.
Day 14: Phu Gaon to Mohandra Pul.
Day 15: Mohandra Pul to Nar Gaon.
Day 16: Nar Gaon to Kangla pass (5322m) and Nawal Village.
Day 17: Nawal Village to Manang.
Day 18: Manang to Khangsar.
Day 19: Khangsar to Tilicho Base camp
Day 20: Base camp to Tilicho Lake.
Day 21: Tilicho to Yak kharka.
Day 22: Yak Kharka to Jomsom.
Day 23: Flight to Pokhara.
Day 24: Drive/flight to Kathmandu.
Day 25: Drive back to airport for departure and fly home.
- Airport Transfers - Car/Van/Bus/Jeep
- Accommodation on B/B basis in Kathmandu.
- All entrance Fees of Temple, Monastery, Museum, Durbar Square, Monuments and cultural program at evening.
- Arrangements and transportation expenses during the tour/trek-/climbing/safari/rafting/expedition/hiking
- Arrangements and fees for trekking/hiking permits and national parks
- Arrangements and expenses for Tour Guide/Trekking Guide/Trekking Porter
- Insurance, Lodging and Fooding for all trekking staffs.
- Arrangements of TIMS(Trekking information management system)Card.
- Any unexpected costs that occur due to:
* Weather, Trail, Road Blockage, River conditions,
- Due to circumstances such as:
* Sickness, Government action, flight delays,
- Insurance and Emergency Rescue.
* Major changes in the itinerary
* Personal and free-time expenses
* Cold drinks or alcohol
* Extra hotel expenses
* Excess baggage charges
* Airport taxes
* Entry visas to Nepal
1. Airfare is not included in Package price
2. Group above 15 pax, Single complimentary.
3. The departure schedule can be change on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides, and avalanches, public strikes.