All Foreign National Tourists visiting Bhutan must travel through all-inclusive package Tours, for which there is a fixed tariff set by the Royal Government of Bhutan. This Tariff includes the services of accommodation, Meals, Transportation within the country, Guide services, sightseeing and entrance fees for the museums and monuments.
1. All Tours must be booked through a Local Tour Operator/Travel Agent and entire Land arrangements will be made by the same Agent.
2. For Clients traveling in peak seasons and Festival time, it is necessary to book the Tour at least 2 ½ months in advance. Festivals held in autumn and spring are peak time fort tourists and without early reservation it can be difficult to confirm flights and hotels.
* Visa is required for traveling to Bhutan and it is processed in Thimphu through a local tour operator. No foreign missions/embassies abroad grants tourist visa.
* All passport details should be forwarded to the agent at least 1 month prior to date of travel for visa processing.
* Actual visa is stamped only on arrival in Bhutan with the support of visa clearance, which will be sent to you in advance.
* For all Travelers, entering Bhutan via Druk Air, Visa clearance number is forwarded to the concerned overseas Druk Air Stations and without this clearance number the passengers are not allowed to board the flight.
* For Travelers entering the country by surface through Phuntsholing (The border town in the southern Bhutan), Visa Clearance number is forwarded to the Local authority and the actual visa is stamped on arrival. Two copies of original passport size photographs are required on arrival.
* Visa fee is USD 20 per person payable on arrival in addition to the package cost.
Your visa has to be approved prior to air ticketing and your arrival in Bhutan. Once your are ready to confirmed your tour arrangements we will apply for your visas. We will need all of the following details. Visa Forms
01: Your full name (EXACTLY as it appears in your passport)
02: Permanent address
05: Passport number
06: Date of issue and expiration of passport
07: Date and place of birth
Your Bhutan visa will be stamped in your passport only when you arrive in Bhutan. You will have to pay US$ 20 cash upon arrival and present a passport photo with your passport number written on the back. We can process a visa extension for you if necessary.
A valid passport is required for all nationals except Indians. For travel to Bhutan, the validity of the passport should be minimum 6 months.
All Tour Payments must be settled one month in advance of commencement of Tour to clear the Visa and other necessary documents. The Tour booking will be confirmed only after we receive 100% of the Tour payment.
Note: A copy of Bank Transfer Receipt should be faxed to us.
A member of Association of Bhutanese Tour Operators, under the license issued by the Department of Tourism, Royal Government of Bhutan. The Department of Tourism’s role is to regulate the Tourism industry, in particular to frame policy directives, which will ensure the Industry’s healthy growth. As a rule, all monetary transactions are approved by the Department for release only after the Tour is completed and the standards are met. As such, there is no risk involved while booking your Tours.