This trek takes you to Makalu Base Camp (5250 m), now designated as Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area. Mt. Makalu (8463 m) is the fifth highest peak in the world. The Makalu Base camp trek is a true adventure with scenery so beautiful that it will never tire you. The trek starts with a flight to Tumlingtar and heads up the Aurn River valley to Sedua and Num, then crossing Shipton La Pass (4210 m) into the upper Barun river valley for a close look at Makalu and Chamlang Himal. This trek visits one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. The Barun valley is a part of a huge international protected area under the agreement between the governments of Nepal and China, which comprises of 2330 sq. km of National Park and 830 sq. km of conservation area in Nepal alone.
Makalu Base Camp Trek
No. of Person
Min. 02 Pax
- World top 5 highest peak base camp
- Kulung Valley with culture
- Trekking in the remote valley
- Drive to East road Nepal
- Makalu and mount Chamlyaing view
- Flight to Tumlingtar Nepal domestic airplane
Day by Day Trip Detail Itinerary
Trip Cost Details
- What is Included
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee.
- Tented accommodation and equipments during the camping trek. (You will provided water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
- A local government license holder Trekking Guide during the trek., a cook, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine.
- Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- All trekking permits & fees.
- Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
- All our government taxes.
- What is Excluded
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue.You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.